Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24241
Business Analyst (SVCS-072319-075b)
We are seeking a Business Analysts to work with retail clients to define their needs and recommend solutions that deliver value, bridging the gap between the business and the technology, and then managing and communicating those requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats
- Elicit and analyze business requirements, translate them into functional requirements and construct comprehensive user requirements, end-to-end use cases
- Leverage deep domain and product knowledge to help stakeholders understand operational trade-offs associated with customizations, as well as cost/value assessments
- Research new features, products or systems to solve the given business problems and presents proposed solutions to clients
- Act as a liaison among all internal and external stakeholders to facilitate an understanding of requirements
- Establish and follow a change management process for managing scope
- Manage documentation approval process with stakeholders
- Collaborate with project leadership to ensure requirements are clear and prerequisites are met
- Assess and communicate product dependencies/changes and impact to client environment to assist with strategic planning
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes, developing optimization strategies, and developing and implementing solutions
- Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications
- Communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Stay current on general retail knowledge and retail product sets
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Evaluate system limitations, new solutions, applications, and IT service process to meet new business requirements including RFP development
- Review design documents to verify that the design will meet the defined requirements
- Travel to customer locations required on a regular basis (10-50% travel)
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 5 years of business analysis experience in software development, inside a retail environment.
- Strong written technical communication skills, including workflow diagrams, use cases and specifications
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Ability to interact professionally with executives, subject matter experts, business operations team members, I/T professionals, software developers, and project managers
- BA/BS Degree in computer programming or related field
- 5 years of experience in retail industry, preferably in POS solutions
- Software development project management experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
Requisition Number: BUSIN01876
EEO Employer Verbiage: