Director, Mid-Enterprise Sales (Remote)
Location: Springfield, Illinois US
Job Number: 24360
Job Title: Director, Mid-Enterprise Sales (SALES-081319-001i)
The Director, Mid-Enterprise Sales is responsible for achieving the company revenue objectives and overall business plan for the defined accounts within the region, associated staff, and work streams in support of the company North American Business. This position is responsible to manage a group of sales personnel that represent various company products, facilitation of orders and shipments, management of the company's product line, along with establishing and maintaining positive, long-term relationships with existing and new client business opportunities. This position reports to the Head of Sales, VP, and Americas. This is a remote role.
Responsibilities of the Director, Mid-Enterprise Sales
- Execute tactical and strategic consultative sales account plans for existing and new business clients in order to achieve the revenue targets (quota) and grow the overall company penetration of products as directed by the Business. This includes the management of a staff of Sellers and close interaction with various Business Partners in effectively dealing with various selling objections during the selling process.
- Establish and maintain a high level of positive and effective contact with key customers, prospects, business partners, agents, lead generators and others to enhance sales opportunities for new and continued business development.
- Develop, manage, and maintain a robust pipeline of sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle using SaleForce.com CRM to log and keep track of business opportunities. Use the CRM to accurately forecast current and future potential sales leads, using the company sales funnel methodology. Conduct a weekly cadence with staff to understand the Region's business opportunities that are reported upon to senior management.
- Present and demonstrates Toshiba Products in group meetings to senior executives and emphasizes salable features such as company vision, strategy, reputation, products/systems architecture, flexibility of design, process re-engineering capability, integration of client systems environment, return-on-investment (ROI) studies, etc.
- Maintain up to date and accurate customer sales records, expense plans, budgets and related databases. Responds to customers RFP/RFI Requests in a timely and professional manner to facilitate success.
- Maintain constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems within the Region, recognize trends that develop, and make appropriate strategic and tactical sales/marketing/program recommendations to take corrective actions.
- Travel as necessary to maintain a presence with customers, staff, and enhance relationship opportunities, attend trade shows, and visit client facilities on a consistent timetable or schedule.
- Identify opportunities for improvement processes in general working practices and team efficiency. Will work very closely with other members of the Sales Group which are Peer Directors.
- This position manages a group of individuals which will require the establishment of bi-annual group quota objectives, manage profit and margin, prepare annual reviews, and overall regional management activities in a given plan year.
- Give guidance and mentorship to staff to "lead by example" and provide support to various needs of personnel. Provide strong mentorship to staff with having a "whatever it takes" attitude to succeed.
- Work in tandem with the various other Direct and Channel Sales Organization Personnel to facilitate the Business Partner Overlay Business and to provide a seamless interface into the company sales efforts.
- Has 8-10 years of Sales Management experience in a retail industry and has directed a group of Individuals in the achievement of revenue goals and quota for a direct sales organization.
- Has operated under a sales quota system and achieved on-target revenue achievement in multiple years for software/hardware.
- Deep product expertise and working knowledge of how assigned solutions will solve complex business problems in a retail client's environment.
- Working retail industry knowledge or actual experience working within the industry.
- Ability to execute tactical and strategic sales account plans for existing and new clients in order to achieve the revenue targets as assigned. This includes the handling of customer queries effectively and dealing with objections during the sales process.
- Strong presentation skills with the capability of interacting with senior management levels such as CEO, COO, CFO, CTO/CIO, Owner, and other managers.
- Works well in a team selling environment and maintains good working relationships with other functional company departments such as Professional Services, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, etc., to ensure both partner & company requirements are met or exceeded.
- Create or reviews analysis of such tasks as: sales proposals, work-order cost estimates/proposal completion; ROI Studies, RFP Responses, etc.
- College Degree or Work Experience equivalent
- Must possess effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Should be able to demonstrate PC proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as learn any corporate or industry administrative software used by the position.
- Should have a demonstrated history displaying an in-depth knowledge of sales, account management, and business partner programs and techniques.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springfield, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Mid-Enterprise Sales (Remote)
Requisition Number: DIREC01898
EEO Employer Verbiage: