Senior Corporate Counsel – Development & Intellectual Property
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24518
Senior Corporate Counsel - Development & Intellectual Property
The Senior Corporate Counsel for Development & Intellectual Property provides primary legal support on all matters related to product development, production procurement, intellectual property, open source, innovation, business development, portfolio management, and product marketing for hardware and software.
This position reports directly to the Chief Legal Officer. The Legal Department is comprised of generalists that work seamlessly as a unit. Each lawyer is assigned responsibility to support multiple functional areas and senior executives in our company, but as needs arise, we work together to solve problems and facilitate company objectives.
Technology company with offices in the Research Triangle Area of North Carolina.
- Responsibilities include drafting and negotiating inbound and outbound licensing agreements, hardware procurement agreements, conducting open source clearance, product safety and compliance around the world, invention disclosures, prior art reviews, patent filings, copyright and trademark registrations, responding to inquiries from the United States Patent Trademark Office regarding applications under their review, analysis and response to intellectual property disputes.
- Some of this work is routine and repeatable. Some of this work is innovative, complex and requires considerable attention and talent
- Juris Doctorate
- Member in good standing of a Bar in one State
- 10-20 years of experience practicing in a company legal department in a technology industry or technology function of an organization
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex transactions
- Experience with technology licensing, open source code and intellectual property
- Experience counseling a technology development organization
- Experience with corporate compliance (including data privacy)
- Ability to resolve adversary matters
- Experience with internal investigations
- Experience with import/export & coordinating litigation
- Ability to execute related administrative responsibilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Given the global responsibilities of the role, this person will need to be available via phone and email during off hours.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Corporate Counsel – Development & Intellectual Property
Requisition Number: ASSOC01953
EEO Employer Verbiage: