Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24802
Mechanical Engineer - Hardware Engineer III
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will work closely with Hardware Development and Manufacturing teams and our Customers to support our growing product line of Point of Sale solutions. This is a fast-paced, highly technical and continually evolving business. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background working in the Retail Industry. Success in this role will require a candidate to have a strong background in hardware design and experience using multiple CAD software applications, specifically SolidWorks.
- Design Point of Sale hardware systems and parts, specifically the new system 7 Self-Checkout system
- Assist with parts creation using 3D design tools
- Detailed drawings using SolidWorks CAD software
- Evaluate vendor designs
- Evaluate design costs and tradeoffs between cost and function
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Senior level product design experience, including modeling and analysis
- Proficient with design tools, specifically Solidworks
- Experience with retail user interaction
- Strong written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Sheet metal design expertise
- Experience with thermoform and injection-mold plastic parts design
- Retail industry experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Mechanical Engineer
Requisition Number: MECHA02061
EEO Employer Verbiage: