Software Development Manager
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 20913
Services Delivery Manager - Developers (SVCS-110618-002b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Services Delivery Manager to join our team in RTP, NC. Our Professional Services organization provides custom software solutions for some of the world's largest retailers, partnering with brands like Walmart, Kroger, Lowes Foods, and Kohl's to deliver innovative consumer experiences leveraging a wide range of technologies.
The Professional Services Delivery Manager (SDM) will lead a team of 10 - 20 direct software engineer reports. The SDM is responsible for execution and growth of the professional services (custom software development) portfolio in one or more solution areas. The SDM will establish and grow trusted advisor relationships with clients, ensuring Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a vital component of each client's current and future technology roadmap.
The SDM will also work closely with all other TGCS teams (Client team, Product team, Sales team) involved in the solution area. As new Products and Services are introduced into the solution account, the SDM will participate in resource planning and allocation to meet the obligations resulting from the new Product and/or Service.
- Establish credible operational relationships with clients around store applications and professional services to drive client satisfaction and TGCS business results
- Engage in both internal and client facing planning sessions
- Perform personnel administrative tasks such as expense reports, equipment orders, and vacation approval
- Resolve resource requirements across multiple projects and client commitments
- Provide human resources management including goal setting, evaluations and skills development for a team of 10-20 software professionals
- Participate in client status meetings as required.
- Promote best practices in software development across the Professional Services Practice
- Define and enforce consistent development methodology, process and reporting
- Define delivery models to provide throughput and support scaling
- Improve development effectiveness through focused coaching of developers/architects
- 4 years of prior experience in software development in software applications or integration experience.
- 1 year of people management experience
- Ability to understand high-level technology concepts and communicate to non-IT managers and senior managers
- Skilled in MS Office products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technology field
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Enjoyable personality and aptitude for fun, team-oriented and collaborative environments
- Experience with software development through the entire software development life cycle including support
- Strong technical and business communication skills
- Client relationship experience
- Strong problem management skills
- 2+ years of management experience in a technology field
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing Services role
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
he nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Development Manager
Requisition Number: SERVI01514
EEO Employer Verbiage: