Associate Software Engineer
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Job Number: 21079
Associate Software Engineer
This role requires experience building solutions based on web & Java enterprise technologies with a focus on complex browser-side functionality. The ideal candidate will excel in our fast-paced, collaborative, customer-first environment and will contribute in a variety of ways.
- Ability to handle accelerating changes in pursuit of more innovative solutions
- Performing Unit and Functional Tests of product features
- Resolving Unit and Functional defects
- Resolving customer or partner reported issues and defects
- Ability to participate in on call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 1 years of Object-oriented programming
- 1 years of Web Development experience, particularly client side
- Experience developing in a Java-based development, including enterprise/web-based content
- Strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, team work and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/life-cycle, especially Agile methodology
- Proficiency with code versioning tools like Git, SVN, etc.
- Proficiency with Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration and simple scripting
- Skills developing and supporting mobile web apps using Apache Cordova
- Working knowledge of Application Servers (WebSphere, JBoss, Jetty); Python Programming Language
- General Knowledge of Retail Industry Domain
- Skills and experience with POS attached devices (i.e. scanners, printers, etc.)
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Software Engineer
Requisition Number: ASSOC01531
EEO Employer Verbiage: