Sales Support Specialist I
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21236
Sales Support Specialist I (SALES-120318-002c)
The Sales Support Specialist I position is an operational role responsible for providing technical, operational and administrative support to Sales, Client Advocates and Project Managers. Additionally this role works collaboratively across many internal cross functional teams to drive the TGCS business. The Sales Support Specialist responsibilities extend beyond supporting their TGCS peers, providing transactional, contractual and operational support directly to our Clients and Business Partners.
- Provide proposal, SOW and Contractual advice and support for net new and renewal opportunities.
- Quarterback the proposal and special bid process, including evaluating the best operational support plan especially for nonstandard opportunities.
- Determine and ensure appropriate approvals (delegated discounts, special bid pricing, Contracts and Negotiations etc.) are obtained.
- Create and submit appropriate forms including but not limited to: Price Approvals, Configurations, Credit Checks, Item Master updates, RPQs, CMR updates, Maintenance Assurance Reviews, Customer Research.
- Drive business results and solve issues working across functional teams including, Finance, Accounting, A/R, Credit Management, IT, Marketing, Global Logistics, Control Tower, Service Planning, Procurement, Channel Management, NRCS and Project Managers, Tax and Suppliers etc.
- Create and assist with customer deliverable documents including Statements of Work, Schedule of Services, PCRs and Quotations etc.
- Update appropriate databases, tools and applications supporting our contracts and proposal process.
- Manage the Firm Order Exception and Firm Order Shipment processes especially monitoring CRADS and firm order arrival on a weekly basis, negotiate timing of CRAD moves on late orders with the supply chain and opportunity owner.
- Take ownership with Client Advocate or Business Partner to secure complete and accurate client inventory listing.
- Load inventory in the Oracle maintenance entitlement/billing module (OKS) and update inventory in Oracle Install Base.
- Provide advice and interpret best invoice presentation set-up to match customer requirements. Update OKS contract and appropriate billing schedule per customer agreement.
- Upon Quote acceptance/contract execution, review and ensure all required documents are validated for accuracy and completeness prior to converting a quote to an order and progressing that order for booking or contract registration and activation.
- On high volume orders, calculate best utilization of ship sets to optimize pallet and truck load capacity while considering delivery challenges. Coordinate with client on number of trucks, delivery dates and appointment availability.
- Order Validation before booking should include inspection of the following: PO, Qty, Configurations, Price, Order/Type, Ship and Bill to Addresses, as well as establishing ship and fulfillment sets, evaluate need for freight charge lines and execute invoice holds where appropriate for proper revenue recognition and invoice timing.
- Provide Backlog Management support by verifying orders are flowing through to manufacturing, monitor schedule dates to align with customer requirements, escalating and/or expediting when necessary.
- Practice daily monitoring of orders with invoice, FOE and credit holds to ensure we are releasing our orders and billing at the appropriate time.
- For Business Partner Maintenance opportunities, utilize BP pricing tool and determine list pricing for Global Care Flex and Customer Service offerings. Calculate delegated pricing and create quote in Oracle. Export schedule of service quote document at list and discounted prices to our distributors.
- Register all new customers in Toshiba TEC Torico system for new customer number assignment.
- Create, update, maintain, reinstate and inactivate customer numbers in Oracle CMR.
- Drive and secure all appropriate documentation, credit management approvals, BP agreements…etc. are in place prior to creating any records.
- Receive, validate and process Business Partners new onboarding requests.
- Prepare new contracts for TGCS BP and perform all onboarding activities for new BPs (including obtain Business Partner signature, new CMR creation request, complete partner profile in partner management).
- Manage business partner disbursements, claims, rebates from validation to payment based on program guidelines, including credit notes / rebates generation.
- Calculate Business Partner Quarterly Returns Cap based on TGCS Policy.
- Electronically store all pertinent contractual customer/BP documentation and customer records documentation in Oracle Content Management for archiving purpose.
- Represent TGCS as the Dispute Resolution Owner (DRO), working with the client, BP and/or cross functional teams. Formulate resolution proposal and drive timely closure of dispute and if needed, process accurate billing adjustment selecting appropriate general ledger code.
- Maintain strong Business Control posture to protect TGCS business and in support of audits and JSOX business controls requirements.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organization capability
- Personal Dedication
- Ability to have a deep understanding of customer needs and exceed customer expectations
- Must demonstrate good teaming skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload, complex tasks and issues as required
- Self-motivated, self-confident and able to handle peaks of workload
- Attention to details
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Problem solving/analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Undergraduate Degree or minimum of 2 years of related customer service / sales support work experience internal and external
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - advanced Excel skills required
- Oracle / SAP experience strongly recommended, not required
- Availability to be flexible with working hours especially at month and quarter ends is critical
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Support Specialist I
Requisition Number: SALES01540
EEO Employer Verbiage: