Retail Industry Consultant
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21377
Retail Industry Consultant (SVCS-080118-002b)
The Retail Industry Consultant is a client-facing role, helping Toshiba prospects and clients understand the operational impact and quantifiable value of implementing new solutions in their environment. This role will construct and provide the means to compare the investment in particular solutions to competing uses of scarce financial resources.
This candidate should have a broad retail background with extensive experience working directly with retailers across their enterprise. They will deploy a deep understanding of retail functions to help define and execute business-oriented visions for next generation retail. This will require in depth business functional, technical and financial analysis to understand the baseline and future capability of the TGCS client. Deliverables will range from impact assessments, and financial models, to executive-level presentations .
Most engagements include significant cross-functional interaction with IT, finance and operations and will likely involve interaction with C-level executives as well. Ideally the candidate will leverage rapport-building skills to form long-lasting, mutually-beneficial relationships with clients.
- Engage on-site with the client line of business and IT teams to generate a deep understanding of current operations
- Assess the alignment between the TGCS next-gen solutions offering and the client consumer experience and technology strategy, including assisting the client with understanding key trends
- Identify specific customer experience and operational improvements made possible by implementing TGCS next-gen software and related business process changes
- Quantify and put financial value on potential impact of implementing these changes
- Translate and present findings into audience-appropriate deliverables or assist key client-side stakeholders in doing so
- Construct billable consulting service deliverable offerings
- Secure commitment from the target client/ prospect base for these services at a 20% utilization level
- Bachelor's Degree with a preferred concentration in Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience consulting in retail operations with extensive knowledge of cross-enterprise retail operations
- Analytical experience
- Knowledge of retail store operations
- Solid track record of engaging and presenting to clients - preferably in a retail business environment
- Ability to work independently, manage relationships with the client- and TGCS-side teams, and retain flexibility regarding how individual clients articulate value
- MBA Preferred
- Consulting experience in retail environment with process orientation
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of Toshiba's in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Retail Industry Consultant
Requisition Number: RETAI01551
EEO Employer Verbiage: