Software Engineer III
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21397
Software Engineer III
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently looking for a Software Engineer III to join our team in the Research Triangle Park, NC area. As a Software Engineer III, you will play a key role in developing the software that will help transform consumers' shopping experiences at major retailers. Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions provides services to retail clients worldwide by developing and delivering an array of custom software solutions such as POS, self-checkout and mobility solutions. We provide services to retail clients worldwide by developing and delivering an array of custom software solutions such as POS, self-checkout and mobility solutions.
- Developing application software in an agile framework utilizing Java and C++
- Working in cross functional teams to define self-checkout application requirements
- Analyzing/providing schedule input
- Writing functional and design specifications
- Participating in all phases of self-checkout application software development, from design inception through coding, and delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Software development
- 5+ years of experience in Java object-oriented programming
- 5+ years of experience in C++ object-oriented programming
- Experience with Linux
- 5+ years of experience with XML
- Retail domain knowledge
- Micro-services Architecture
- Windows experience
- User Interface technology
- Relational Database Experience (SQL)
- Problem determination and debugging skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Agile software development experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
Requisition Number: SOFTW01559
EEO Employer Verbiage: