Technical Project Manager IV
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21398
Project Manager IV - Software Development
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Development Project Manager for the Professional Services team. The Project Manager will plan, schedule, monitor, evaluate and direct projects, ensuring they meet established time, cost and technical objectives.
The Project Manager develops and manages the project's change control procedures and effectively utilizes all available methodologies and tools, culminating in client acceptance of results. The Project Manager conducts project progress reviews with client and account team personnel, providing contingency and problem resolution plans as required.
- Develops and manages project plan and resources
- Manages task assignments and conducts team meetings
- Communicates project status internally and with customer and conducts status meetings
- Produces project documentation
- Monitors and controls project and manages day-to-day activities
- Identify issues and tracks to resolution
- Manages Change Control
- Manages cost/schedule/resource variances
- Ensures client expectations are met/exceeded
- Conducts lessons learned with project team
- Manage project from Planning to Closure
- Implement and ensure that internal project processes are followed and are adapted as required; this includes project governance, risk management and change management.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities, project objectives and scope
- Collaborate with specific stakeholders all along the project, including helpdesk
- Define project planning; gather estimates, negotiate dates and resources with stakeholders (including release date with Business stakeholders)
- Engage and Manage vendor/contractor when necessary
- Enable and promote smooth communication between team members and between different teams (including outsourced teams)
- Enable project documentation: organize documentation structure; employ existing, propose and design new templates as necessary
- Organize and facilitate meetings efficiently; create and distribute meetings minutes within 24 hours
- Manage budget as required
- Manage and report overall project schedule and status using the designated Project & Portfolio Management Tool
- Promote project management awareness to team leaders and members
- Escalate blockers, risks and issues to management in a timely manner
- Actively contribute to improve existing processes and practices
- Analyze data and identify trends that result in actionable tasks
- Document business process work flow and identify areas of improvement resulting in efficiency gains
- Focus on attention to detail with a propensity for being curious
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years experience with Software Development Project Management
- Ability to work within a project team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others
- MS Project experience
- MS Excel experience
- Kaizen or Six Sigma experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Focus on results and success
- Strong sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Meets deadlines and produces high quality work
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Strong relationship building skills
- Prior Project Management experience in a retail environment
- Prior hands-on software development experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Project Manager IV
Requisition Number: TECHN01558
EEO Employer Verbiage: