Production Technician I
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21567
Production Technician I
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Production Technician I to join our team in our Tri Center office located in Durham, NC. The Production Technician I will be responsible for providing day-to-day process leadership in the Advanced SCO Operations department. The Production Technician I will help ensure department goals are met, while providing manufacturing process line support to SCO production and integration services. This position requires thorough knowledge of department operations and individual production and repair areas. This individual will provide training to new manufacturing personnel, provide process design and execution support for new products, and drive business improvement and cost reductions identified by management.
This position requires someone with strong work ethic and ability to operate mostly autonomously in implementing process changes and engineering changes. The job also requires strong cross-functional teamwork, with frequent interactions with Quality/Development Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain and I/T.
- Develop manufacturing instructions for new products, maintain instructions for all products
- Prepare reports tracking quality and output, at individual and department level
- Coordinate implementation of special projects regarding efficiency and/or cost improvement
- Assist with cost analysis
- Track EC's from beginning of release process through implementation, adjust documentation as appropriate.
- Generate and analyze floor performance reports
- Assist with workflow redesign for optimization
- Read and understand technical drawings and engineering specifications
- Standing/Walking activities are encountered during 50% of the normal work day
- Stooping/Bending/Squatting activities are encountered on an occasional basis
- Reaching activities are conducted on an occasional basis throughout the work day
- An individual may be required to perform twisting activities while performing his/her job duties
- High school diploma
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing process support
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint & Excel
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Strong communication skills
- Competency in mechanical repair and manufacturing specifications.
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to coordinate across a diverse team.
- Self-starter, ability to work without regular supervision
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing process support
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Production Technician I
Requisition Number: PRODU01570
EEO Employer Verbiage: