Procurement Specialist I
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21800
Procurement Specialist I
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Procurement Specialist I to join our team in RTP, NC. This individual will be responsible for purchasing material, equipment, supplies and or services in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures based on TGCS Service demands. This person will review and analyze purchase requisitions and provides guidance on purchasing procedures to requestors and suppliers. The Procurement Specialist I will create Purchase Orders to suppliers and communicates requirements. This position requires initiative, independent judgment and adherence to established Procurement policies and procedures.
- Receive and analyze system-created Baxter and departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department or initiator to clarify or complete information; determines method to process requisition based on dollar amount, timeliness required.
- Selects approved supplier to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and creates purchase orders.
- Understanding of Oracle Procurement roles and Baxter MRP processes.
- Identifies requesting Baxter MRP requirements and works with suppliers to meet needs.
- Communicates with supplier as needed on delivery and invoice requirements.
- Work with Global Distribution Centers to coordinate return of material to Supplier if appropriate.
- Troubleshoot Oracle problems to meet purchasing needs.
- Resolves purchasing problems between department and supplier.
- Work with various departments on planning, receiving and invoicing issues
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assists departments in initiating requisitions.
- 4-year Degree in Business or related area of study or 2 years prior experience in Procurement/Supply chain
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making skills
- Procurement and Supply chain business acumen
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Must be organized self-starter, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be comfortable with the team environment and asking for help when needed
- Maintaining good supplier relationships
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Procurement Specialist I
Requisition Number: PROCU01583
EEO Employer Verbiage: