Manager, Operations I
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21925
Manager, Operations I
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Manager, Operations I to join our team in our Tri-Center facility in Durham, NC. This position is for a department manager of the Self-Checkout System/6 Manufacturing team. This position will be responsible for all direct manufacturing operations including Prep, Build, Test and Shipping. The Manager Operations I will have people management responsibilities for 25 direct reports comprised of contractors and direct-hire TGCS employees. This position includes recruiting/interviewing/hiring, performance management, and providing day-to-day leadership to the team to optimize performance, morale and retention.
The Manager Operations I will be responsible for meeting System/6 production and shipment objectives, and will direct deployment of resources as well as any overtime or resource-sharing necessary to meet business objectives. Primary business/KPI measurements for this position are Percent On-Time Shipment, Manufacturing Cost and First Pass Test Yield. This manager will report to the Self-Checkout Director of Business Operations, and work closely with them on daily production goals, manufacturing priorities, engineering support and materials availability. The Manager Operations I will be a sound decision maker in a dynamic, fast moving business tied to meeting financial goals.
- Manages Self Checkout System/6 Manufacturing team
- Recruits/hires/manages direct-report team of contract and regular employees
- Drives continuous cost improvement in manufacturing BOM, installation, shipping and packaging
- Ensures OSHA, UL, J-Sox compliance
- Manages key projects for cost reduction or efficiency improvement
- Focal point for all shipping activity including outbound logistics
- Manages fulfillment of parts sales, service parts and MES orders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of manufacturing, logistics or supply chain management experience
- Prior business operations experience leadership and results-driven.
- Strong people skills including communications, listening, leadership and leading by example.
- Experience managing a manufacturing, service or logistics organization.
- Ability to delegate and communicate clearly
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with Oracle ERP
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Operations I
Requisition Number: MANAG01604
EEO Employer Verbiage: