Enterprise Community Manager
Location: Irvine, California US
Job Number: 16558
Enterprise Community Manager (MKTG-041218-005i)
The Enterprise Community Manager position is a full-time employment opportunity located at the Toshiba campus in Lake Forest, CA. The primary function of the Enterprise Community Manager is to engage users across the business(es) and all organizational levels to maintain and build lively social business communities and foster adoption of leading-edge social collaboration tools in the Toshiba eXCHANGE platform, Toshiba's award winning social business network. The Enterprise Community Manager will help to maximize the value of the Toshiba eXCHANGE (Jive) platform as a strategic communication and knowledge management tool by helping both internal and external audiences quickly find the information they need to do their jobs, connect to other users, share best practices and improve engagement. The ECM will also handle first- and second-level technical maintenance of the Jive platform, platform upgrades and potential future platform migration (Jive-X platform recently purchased by Lithium).
- Coach users and space moderators on the use of collaboration tools and social content such as discussions, blogs, wikis, etc., and provide guidance for effectively using the tools.
- Work with cross-functional teams of content owners (both Internal and External) to foster development of valued communities of practice and associated compelling content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
- Monitor community activity, establish effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the community, and define objectives to increase site usage.
- Moderate questions, comments, and general feedback within the community, and work with appropriate internal resources to address any issues or questions
- Identify needs within the community; provide input regarding the evolution of the intranet, and assist in strategy development for future phases.
- Manage the project plan and onboarding of additional business organizations into the Jive platform
- Technical maintenance of the current Jive platform, including but not limited to space, group and content maintenance and guiding correct usage of the platform's tools, and third-party connectors.
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of new intranet initiatives and ongoing health of existing Toshiba eXCHANGE communities.
- Provide direction on new social collaboration tools and best practices, monitor how other organizations and companies are using them and apply new strategies and tools to enhance Toshiba eXCHANGE portal.
- Development of Jive add-ons and third-party connectors.
- Seek professional development opportunities to enhance community management skills and tools knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in community management in a social media/business platform
- Prior experience with a social business platform
- Fundamental knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java, JSON
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees
- Understands the value and uses of social business for internal and external audiences and is skilled at encouraging adoption among users.
- Deep knowledge of the value and use of social media/business tools including discussions, tagging and search optimization, wikis, blogs, video and RSS feeds.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communication, Social Learning or a related major
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of Jive and/or Lithium and its functionality
- Experience as a website project manager, web master, or web developer
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java, JSON
- Background in site analytics and reporting on key business metrics
- 1+ year of experience as a system administrator.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Irvine, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Community Manager
Requisition Number: ENTER01323
EEO Employer Verbiage: