Service Technician I
Location: Central Valley, California US
Job Number: 20750
Service Technician I - Central Valley, CA (MAI-103118-002b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Service Technician to join our team in Central Valley, CA. The Service Technician will be responsible for covering a 200-mile stretch from Sacramento to Fresno. The ideal candidate would reside between Stockton and Modesto. Candidates will also be responsible for covering days off for our neighboring technicians.
The Service Technician is primarily responsible for performing a full workload of product services and repair on Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions and other retail products and systems, self-checkout systems, retail banking systems, total store services, and xSeries servers and associated storage in the store systems. The Service Technician will be responsible for covering a 100 mile radius surrounding the Fresno territory. This person will also be accountable for customer satisfaction with the services provided, which include some or all of the following: whole product and/or component advance exchange or swap and on-premise basic product & store equipment problem diagnosis, adjustment and/or repair.
- Perform equipment refurbishment, installation, relocation, discontinuance, product level engineering and configuration changes, upgrades and/or modifications to products
- Applies technical training and experience to affect product repair on retail store products
- Builds positive customer relationships with product end-user and store manager
- Maintains business like communications, conduct and appearance that is complimentary to customers' environment and otherwise demonstrates a courteous, positive and professional attitude at all times
- Effectively communicates with customers, management, peers, and team members on a timely basis regarding status of work, potential problems, customer / store management satisfaction, and to seek advice and assistance
- Has ongoing rapport with store managers and client executives and performs scheduled & unscheduled visits with customer management
- Performs retail store systems & product problem determination utilizing the maintenance package, diagnostics, reference documentation, service aids, system tools
- Uses established procedures and/or instructions for repetitive and/or routine work, works on tasks individually or as a part of a team and provides assistance to less experienced SRs
- Operates territory efficiently and/or performs technical services in a complete, quality and timely manner to meet customer commitments and minimize disruptions to the customer's operation
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver's license
- Must be comfortable working at least one weekend rotating shift per month
- Must be comfortable with overnight travel on occasion
- Must be comfortable being called out based on customer call volume
- 2+ years of experience with personal computer technology, monitors displays, point-of-sale equipment, and associated retail devices such as self-checkouts, ATM's, laser and thermal printer technology
- Electricity & electronics knowledge
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to properly use test equipment, basic hand tools, and electric meters
- Recognize and understand the functional and operational use of IT signal and power cables as well as low voltage wiring systems and to perform diagnosis and repair
- Written and spoken communication skills
- Articulate & demonstrate strategy to end-user customers
- Capable of performing freelance diagnostics and repair and requires minimal assistance from more experienced SRs to carry out difficult product repair activities
- Technical degree
- Prior experience working within the retail environment
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
City: Central Valley
Location_formattedLocationLong: Central Valley, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Service Technician I
Requisition Number: SERVI01503
EEO Employer Verbiage: