Staffing Coordinator - Professional Services
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21000
Staffing Manager - Professional Services
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Staffing Manager - Professional Services to join our team in RTP, NC. The primary responsibility of the Staffing Manager is to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects. This position requires that the individual be the liaison among the Professional Services Delivery, Managed Services Delivery, and Sales organizations and the Program Management Office as it relates to resourcing across all work. The Staffing Manager also works directly with Project Managers, and Delivery Managers to facilitate appropriate staffing across all of Services based on aggregate understanding of new sales prospects, project requirements, and existing resource skills.
The Staffing Manager must also ensure that project staffing is managed to help assure timely delivery and must communicate to appropriate Project Managers resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines. It is also required that this position enforce company processes by utilizing and requesting all Project Managers use proper procedures when requesting resources and communicating staff project roll-offs. This position will also work closely with the Program and Project Management Office leader and Human Resources staff sourcing (i.e., recruiting) in identifying open billable positions that cannot be filled with current Services personnel. This position reports into the Program and Project Office (PMO).
- Act as point of contact for resource booking confirmation, conflict resolution, and development of solutions in support of business goals.
- Assist with managing and increasing utilization numbers on Professional Services team.
- Manage and resolves resource booking conflicts.
- Build, maintain, and communicate resource forecasts.
- Develop & Manage education for the Professional/Managed Services team to communicate acceptable processes for requesting and allocating resources with the end goal of maximizing billable resource utilization.
- Forecasted resource needs based on pipeline of potential Services projects. Ensure the right resources, with the right skill-sets, are available at the right times.
- Run weekly resource meeting and facilitate resourcing issues / conflict resolution with PMO and appropriate Services Delivery department heads.
- Manage resourcing forecast spreadsheets for Professional Services based on input from weekly meetings.
- Work with Professional Services Delivery and Project Managers to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with the PMO to address and solve those issues.
- Arrange weekly meetings with Professional Services Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
- Receive, analyze and report on weekly utilization reports to Professional Services Management team.
- Alert Senior Management team of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Work with departments to resource and assist in the identification and management of vendors and facilitate initial discussions necessary to meet specific project requirements.
- Identify potential resourcing or process issues and present to Professional Services Management team with resolutions to such issues where applicable.
- Attend weekly resource calls and manage collaboration process with other department or practice to share resources on an as needed basis.
- Recommend process improvements for Resource Management.
- Responsible for managing overall utilization.
- Work with Professional/Managed Services Management to resolve any issues regarding under or over allocations of current staff members.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of resource management or project management experience in software solutions industry.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Microsoft Excel.
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward or obtain results.
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups.
- Oracle EBS experience
- Prior experience in a Software Professional Services practice
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Staffing Coordinator - Professional Services
Requisition Number: PROJE01524
EEO Employer Verbiage: