Director of IT Solutions Sales - Retail Clients
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio US
Job Number: 21396
Director, Sales - Kroger
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions (TGCS) is in search of a Client Director based in Cincinnati, Ohio to support the Kroger Company. This is a high visibility, Senior Client Management Position that requires thought leadership skills, domain industry expertise, and the ability to understand and direct complex project interactions based on needs of the client and the Toshiba Business.
There are 4 fundamental roles of the position that are needed in order to be successful, Account Leadership, Senior Level Executive relationship building, strategy development skills, and have the ability to work with the various vertical companies within the global Toshiba company to bring non-traditional retail solutions to the client in order to improve their business and build new lines of businesses for Toshiba. As the senior Toshiba client leader for Kroger, you will work with a diverse team of Toshiba Personnel to foster additional business and grow market share within the client of behalf of the TGCS business.
Your profile will contain a consistent demonstration of high performance. You must have a sales background in complex selling and delivery of solutions in a variety of environments. The right candidate will have an "Expert" level of knowledge within the retail industry, addressing all phases of the clients business. You will have been in executive leadership roles, where you were able to integrate various non-related solutions to create new solutions that meet the client's needs. You will have to work to insure proper alignment within the various internal teams to meet the client expectations and needs. As Client Director, you will have to show that you are able to build high performance matrixed teams, and you have to have the ability to lead cross-operational teams. You will need to know how to develop and deliver on service solutions.
Responsibilities of the Client Director include:
- Establish yourself to the client as the leader of the TGCS Account Teams that interface into the client various business operations.
- Build, and maintain credible, consultative relationships with the various Kroger personnel around store applications, store maintenance, infrastructure, and business units helping lead the team to meet the customer business outcomes.
- Strong communication skills with multiple levels of customer contacts (C-suite executives, business and technical advocates). Be able to direct and manage on a timely basis, the various support resources from Toshiba needed to fulfill the client business objectives and operational vision.
- Provide Leadership to the various Toshiba companies, representing the client business. Be the focal point for Kroger and for all things Toshiba, (except CGP products).
- Lead the global TGCS team in new business development and thought leadership through identification of new business growth opportunities driving new capabilities and incremental business success.
- Lead the sales and the delivery teams to provide creative solutions that meet customer product demonstrations and preparation of detailed proposals that highlight value-oriented features of our offerings.
- Complex Solution selling, Product knowledge and creativity in developing solutions that meet the client's business needs.
- Be the TGCS Leadership Focal Point for on-going projects and status. This requires day-to-day interactions with various client and TGCS Personnel in a stressful, technically challenging environment. Leadership mentorship of the team is essential.
- Execute tactical and strategic consultative account plans in order to achieve the revenue targets (quota) as directed by the Business. This includes the handling of customer queries and dealing with objections during, and after, the product sale.
- Identification and management of a robust pipeline of activity which will improve year-to-year business growth.
- Development of strong awareness of competitive products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years proven sales experience
- 7+ years of experience selling and managing into Retail Grocery, Convenience, and/or General Merchandise Clients
- Ability to understand high-level technology concepts and communicate to non-IT executives
- Expertise in prospecting and developing relationships with C-Level Executives in IT and Business areas applicable to stores and ecommerce
- Demonstrated quota achievement and territory growth
- Strong leadership with presence, personality and an aptitude for fun, that is team-oriented and competitive
- Large account management experience
- Software/Services/ Maintenance selling experience
- Aptitude for working with large scale retailers
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cincinnati, Ohio US
Community / Marketing Title: Director of IT Solutions Sales - Retail Clients
Requisition Number: DIREC01560
EEO Employer Verbiage: