Software Engineer IV
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21400
Software Engineer IV
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineer IV to join our team in RTP, NC. The Software Engineer designs, builds, and supports custom software solutions for some of the world's largest retailers. We provide services to retail clients worldwide by developing and delivering an array of custom software solutions such as POS, self-checkout, and mobility solutions. We seek energetic and skilled resources to work in a dynamic, collaborative and ever-changing environment. This opportunity will support Checkout Environment for Consumer-Service (CHEC), the application that drives our Self-Checkout System 6 solution. Our developers are involved in the entire project life cycle: they interact directly with our retail customers to understand and document requirements; they collaborate with the implementation and test teams on design and development; and, they oversee delivery and provide ongoing support for their work.
This role requires demonstrated experience with the Java and XML technologies that drive our Self-Checkout System 6 solution. The ideal candidate will excel in our fast-paced, collaborative, customer-first environment and will contribute in a variety of ways.
- Developing new custom function and assisting with defect support
- Authoring functional specifications and/or high-level designs for clients
- Extending the automation / continuous integration platform, including tests
- Working closely with the QA team to ensure a quality deliverable
- Creating product documentation for end-users
- Providing configuration, installation, and ongoing maintenance support
- Providing technical guidance during requirements workshops with our clients
- Providing technical input to the leadership team in the writing of client contracts
- Contributing to our legacy of outstanding innovation through the invention/IP process
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of Java-based development
- Experience leading a team of 3-7 software developers and testers
- Experience with XML
- Computer science fundamentals including object-oriented concepts, data structures and related algorithms
- Familiarity with the software engineering lifecycle and methodologies
- Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration and simple scripting
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Experience with C++
- An interest in and experience with direct communication with clients, including non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with retail concepts and/or applications
- Experience with retail POS applications and devices
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer IV
Requisition Number: SOFTW01556
EEO Employer Verbiage: