Software Engineer V
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21482
Software Engineer V
Durham, North Carolina US
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Architect for the TCx Elevate Product to support current activities and deliverables custom enhancements to retail solutions using Java technologies. This candidate will also work with the Product and Program teams on future product requirements. This includes providing high level technical guidance on feasibility along with sizings to aid in making release schedules. Solutions include point of sale (POS), customer loyalty solutions, and mobile applications (Android, iOS). Many technologies are used including SaaS (Software as a Service), SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), MoM (Message Oriented Middleware), cloud computing, Enterprise, and Desktop Java Development.
- Alignment of R&D strategy and planning with company's business goals
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and related processes
- Understand the business mission, strategy and processes
- Assist Product and Program Management in developing a product strategy that enables the business to meet its goals
- Lead efforts to define future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices
- Has had strong architecture, design & development background in large scale enterprise product/applications, systems integration, package implementation and interactive design
- Knowledgeable about various design patterns in enterprise architecture
- Showcase best practices in integrating different applications and components
- Demonstrate leadership role in ensuring that new functionality is aligned to architectural guidelines
- Identify, deliver, and document the required artifacts to make solutions available, including strategy collateral, technical roadmaps, position statements, policies, standards, concepts, and logical specifications
- Consults throughout the execution phases, including design, engineering, migration, implementation, and operations
- Work with the Professional Services organization to provide enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever-changing client needs
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise through documentation
- Maintains a clear focus towards futuristic needs of the products and applications in the landscape and designs solutions which cater to immediate needs and which are also scalable in future
- Acts as subject matter expert and may assist functional management in the performance of special assignments and projects in support of tactical & strategic planning efforts
- Ability to work on multiple projects, with complex and challenging software requirements, and a keen sense of the solution design and architecture
- Understand the details and business impact of technology delivery
- Has strong knowledge in enterprise solution architecture, data, network, security, server technologies, web /application server technologies, architecture and integration design, disaster recovery, high availability, infrastructure consolidation and optimization
- Should be still hands-on and keen on getting to design and code levels to solve complex issues when development teams need help & support
- Provides domain expertise in establishing and maintaining the "As is" and "To Be" Enterprise Architecture for the corporation.
- Provide domain expertise in the creation or evolution of the TCx Elevate Program
- Contribute to the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the company
- 10+ years overall system architecture, design, development, deployment experience with proven credentials of developing, designing & architecting solutions for enterprise scale organizations
- Interpersonal and leadership skills servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills. The suitable candidate will to be coming up from the ranks of Software Engineer to the Application Enterprise Architect level with 15+ year's hands-on experience in Design, Development, Architecture, using latest technology stack
- Comprehensive knowledge of software, application, and systems engineering
- Demonstrated ability to leverage common design patterns, deployments patterns, architecture patterns, SOA patterns including REST and enterprise APIs.
- Relevant experience in Open stack based cloud orchestration, middleware architecture, design patterns, application deployment methods, CI-CD automation, testing, compliance, and auditing
- Experience with most of the following: Java stack (J2EE, Spring), SOA architecture, REST API development, relational and no-SQL databases, Jenkins, test automation, Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) computing configuration, development, automation, tools and utilities), web-development languages (e.g.: Angular) and DevOps tooling like Jira, Confluence, Stash Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Experience with technology design patterns and approaches including Reactive Manifesto, Responsive Web, micro-services concepts, Continuous Integration, Cloud, and Mobile development
- Proficiency in modern API access control standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in collaborative, cross functional, and multi-cultural teams and experience in taking proof of concepts to technical design to enterprise grade roll out.
- Must be able to quickly grasp the application's overarching design and ensure development is executed in accordance with present design
- Effectively interface with all levels of an organization - both business and technical
- Produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications
- Enterprise Java, Cloud computing and virtualization technologies, Databases (SQL and NoSQL), Web Technologies (HTML 5, CSS 3, JQuery, Bootstrap etc.), Messaging technologies (JMS, MSMQ, etc.), Networking concepts (firewalls, subnets, load balancing etc.), Single Sign-On concepts (SAML and public/private key and shared private key methods along with federation SSO concepts)
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, infrastructure, systems design and integration.
- Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Has comprehensive knowledge of at least one specific technology area and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to take significant responsibility and shows skill in the management of change and can handle contacts of all types and at all levels.
- Can make sound and far reaching decisions alone on major issues and to take full responsibility for them on a technical or managerial basis.
- Has good technical understanding and the aptitude to remain up to date with technology and industry developments.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer V
Requisition Number: SOFTW01569
EEO Employer Verbiage: