Sr. Technical Sales Specialist
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 22076
Sr. Technical Sales Specialist (SVCS-021819-002b)
Sales specialist with subject matter expertise on retail technology solutions including Point of Sale hardware including OS and driver support, retail store software, and related Professional Services. This position will provide SME (subject matter expertise) on the assigned Toshiba solutions to direct retail clients/ prospects with a goal to also build and maintain positive, long-term relationships. The Solution Consultant is responsible for achieving the revenue and profit objectives assigned in support of the North American region.
This position reports to the Director, Solution Consultant Group. Our preference is to locate in North Carolina with the intent of working from the TGCS HQ location in Durham, NC. - but remote locations will be considered.
- Execute tactical and strategic consultative sales account plans for existing and new clients in order to achieve the revenue targets (quota) as directed by the Business. This includes the handling of staff and partner queries effectively and dealing with various selling objections during the sales process.
- Establish and maintain a high level of positive and effective contact with key partners, agents, lead generators and others to enhance sales opportunities for new and continuing business development and major partner accounts within the Channel.
- Develop, manage, and maintain a robust pipeline of sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle using Salesforce.com to log and keep track of sales opportunities.
- Present and demonstrate Toshiba solutions in group meetings to senior executives and emphasizes salable features such as company vision, strategy, reputation, products/systems architecture, flexibility of design, process re-engineering capability, integration of client systems environment, return-on-investment (ROI) studies, etc.
- Maintain up to date and accurate customer sales records, expense plans, budgets and related databases.
- Responds to customers RFP/RFI Requests in a timely and professional manner to facilitate success.
- Maintain constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems within the Channel, recognize trends that develop, and make appropriate strategic and tactical sales/marketing/program recommendations to take corrective actions.
- Travel as necessary to maintain a presence with customers, staff, and enhance relationship opportunities, attend trade shows, and visit client facilities on a consistent timetable or schedule.
- Identify opportunities for improvement processes in general working practices and team efficiency.
- Will work very closely with other members of the Sales Group.
- Has 5-8 years of experience specifically in retail solutions
- Deep retail solution expertise and working knowledge of how assigned solutions will solve complex business problems in a retail client's environment.
- Working retail industry knowledge or actual experience working within the industry
- Ability to execute tactical and strategic sales account plans for existing and new clients in order to achieve the revenue targets as assigned. This includes the handling of customer queries effectively and dealing with objections during the sales process.
- Strong presentation skills with the capability of interacting with senior management levels such as CEO, COO, CFO, CTO/CIO.
- Works well in a team selling environment and maintains good working relationships with other functional company departments such as Professional Services, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, etc., to ensure both partner & company requirements are met or exceeded.
- Create or reviews analysis of such tasks as: sales proposals, work-order cost estimates/proposal completion; ROI Studies, RFP Responses, etc.
- College Degree or Work Experience equivalent
- Must possess effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Should be able to demonstrate PC proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as learn any corporate or industry administrative software used by the position.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Technical Sales Specialist
Requisition Number: SRTEC01621
EEO Employer Verbiage: