Software Engineer V - Professional Services SW Architect Full Stack (Java)
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 22374
Software Engineer V - Professional Services Software Architect - Full Stack (Java) (SVCS-030519-007b/SVCS-030419-002b)
The Professional Services Software Architect designs, builds, and supports custom software solutions for some of the world's largest retailers. We partner with brands like Walmart, Kroger, and Kohl's to deliver innovative consumer experiences leveraging a wide range of technologies. This opportunity will initially focus on TCx Elevate, our newest software platform for connected consumer experiences across any device, from any location.
Our architects are often involved in the entire project lifecycle: they communicate directly with our retail clients to understand and help document requirements and to advocate our solutions; they collaborate with the implementation and test teams on design and development; and, they oversee delivery and provide ongoing support for their work.
Retailers continue to evolve the shopping experience through technology, so our work is ever-changing and challenging. If you have a passion for high-quality software and outstanding customer service, come join our talented team and build exciting new experiences that will touch people every day!
This role requires experience leading teams that build "full-stack" solutions based on Java, web and enterprise technologies. The candidate will have an opportunity to influence or define best practices & tools for our organization as a key contributor to our engineering leadership team. Typical responsibilities include:
- Participating in sales pursuits by communicating solution architecture to our clients
- Providing technical guidance during requirements workshops with our clients; providing estimates for new function
- Authoring functional specifications and/or high-level designs, and/or reviewing this material
- Developing new custom function and assisting with defect support, or guiding others to perform this work
- Defining, extending & improving the automation / continuous integration platform
- Closely working with the QA architect and QA teams to ensure quality deliverables
- Contributing content for solution documentation
- Directing or contributing to our engineering leadership team
- Mentoring & leading informal educational sessions
- Performing code reviews and coaching fellow developers, helping to develop leaders
- Contributing to our legacy of outstanding innovation through the invention/IP process
- Providing technical input to the sales team in the writing of client contracts
- This role is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. Occasional travel to a client site may be required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Exceptional presenting skills
- At least 8 years of Java-based development, including enterprise/web-based content
- Experience with cloud-based microservices including development, deployment and support
- Computer science fundamentals including object-oriented concepts, data structures and related algorithms
- Web application and server concepts
- Relational and non-relational database concepts and tools
- Familiarity with the software engineering lifecycle and methodologies
- Familiarity with enterprise integration patterns
- Proficiency with Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration and scripting
- Strong experience in cloud and involvement in cloud deployment
- Primary Technology: Java 8+, JS ES6+ & popular UI frameworks, Spring, Maven, Jenkins
- Other Technology: Camel, Velocity, Jetty, ActiveMQ, Selenium/Cucumber, SonarCube, mongoDB/NOSQL, Docker
- An interest in direct communication with customers, including non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with mobile development on Android & iOS platforms
- Familiarity with retail concepts and/or applications
- Experience with retail POS devices and JavaPOS
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer V - Professional Services SW Architect Full Stack (Java)
Requisition Number: SOFTW01650
EEO Employer Verbiage: