Software Engineer III
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 23463
Software Engineer III
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineer III to provide custom enhancements to retail solutions using Java technologies. Solutions include point of sale (POS), customer loyalty solutions, and mobile applications (Android, iOS). Many technologies are used including SaaS (Software as a Service), SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), MoM (Message Oriented Middleware), cloud computing, Enterprise, and Desktop Java Development.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, and will be expected to design, develop, and test application code
- Ability to design with other developers in mind so that other team members can develop said design
- Ability to handle accelerating changes in pursuit of more innovative solutions
- Performing Unit and Functional Tests of product features
- Resolving Unit and Functional defects
- Providing technical interface to key technology partners
- Resolving customer or partner reported issues and defects
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Object-oriented programming (Java required)
- 3+ years of Web Development experience
- 3+ years in Agile development environment
- Strong analytical and Java/OO programming skills (JDK8)
- Working knowledge in RESTful API Design & Development, MicroServices Architecture
- Working knowledge of Maven, Ant and Gradle
- Relational Database Experience (SQL)
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux WindRiver, Windows 7/Windows 10)
- Strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, team work and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/life-cycle, especially agile methodology
- Leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Analytical/problem solving skills
- Requirement to work with people internationally
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users to demonstrate business value of Toshiba offerings
- Working knowledge of Application Servers (WebSphere, JBoss, Jetty); Python Programming Language
- General Knowledge of Retail Industry Domain
- Skills and experience with POS attached devices
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
Requisition Number: SOFTW01736
EEO Employer Verbiage: