UPOS Developer - Retail Software Engineer (C++ Device Drivers)
Location: Zapopan, Jalisco, Jalisco MX
Job Number: 23577
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of device drivers for Toshiba POS hardware and peripherals. These drivers are used by our worldwide customers in Windows and Linux platforms to enable check-out transactions as well as system management. Responsibility includes software design and architecture, software development, coding, unit testing as well as world wide L3 support.
Developing Toshiba Point-of-Sale (POS) device driver based on UPOS specification which includes:
- Producing specifications and writing the programme codes
- Unit Testing the functions developed before going for Functional Verification Test (FVT)
- Providing test support and fixing the defects found during FVT
- Preparation of the user guide and documentation for users
- Providing Worldwide Level3 support on the product developed which includes:
- Working closely with Level2 support engineer to identify the problem, reproduce the problem, and investigating the root cause
- Providing the fix in a prompt and timely manner
- Working closely with test team on Causal Analysis Report and additional test script creation to prevent future occurrence
- Actively presenting ideas for system/process improvements and actively participating in intellectual property disclosure submission
- Pro-actively involved in ad-hoc projects which arise from business opportunities internally or externally.
- Collaborate with other regions of TGCS such as Raleigh NC in U.S.A, Singapore, and Taiwan team on project development and defects fixing.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software development cycle, C++, STL & debugging methodology
- Good knowledge in unit testing, test automation, and build automation (Continuous Integration)
- Good knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/life-cycle, especially agile/DevOps methodology
- Posses good leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Good problem determination and debugging skills.
- Ability to engage in technical support for customers, including: identify the problem, reproduce the
problem, and investigating the root cause
- Good knowledge of C/Java and scripting language (VB/Python/TCL) .
- Good knowledge of COM object, WMI, RS232 protocol & debugging methodology.
- Good knowledge of Windows OS architecture with Windows Driver Model & Virtual Machine.
- Experience in Windows application development using COM/ActiveX/.Net is an advantage.
- Knowledge on Windows API and IPC (e.g. thread synchronization, memory mapping).
- Protocol knowledge (e.g. Serial, Network, Bluetooth).
- General knowledge of computer architecture.
- Experience in technical support.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
City: Zapopan, Jalisco
Location_formattedLocationLong: Zapopan, Jalisco, Jalisco MX
Community / Marketing Title: UPOS Developer - Retail Software Engineer (C++ Device Drivers)
Requisition Number: UPOSD01744
EEO Employer Verbiage: