Service Technician I
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada US
Job Number: 23741
Service Technician I - Las Vegas, NV
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Service Technician I to join our team in Las Vegas, NV. The Service Technician will be responsible for covering a 200-mile radius surrounding Las Vegas, NV, including Cedar City, UT and Kingman, AZ. The Service Technician is primarily responsible for performing a full workload of product services and repair on Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions and other retail products and systems, self-checkout systems, retail banking systems, total store services & associated printers. The Service Technician is accountable for customer satisfaction with the services provided, which include some or all of the following: whole product and/or component advance exchange or swap and on premise basic product & store equipment problem diagnosis, adjustment and/or repair.
- Perform equipment refurbishment, installation, relocation, discontinuance, product level engineering and configuration changes, upgrades and/or modifications to products
- Applies technical training and experience to affect product repair on retail store products
- Builds positive customer relationships with product end-user and store manager
- Maintains business like communications, conduct and appearance that is complimentary to customers' environment and otherwise demonstrates a courteous, positive and professional attitude at all times
- Effectively communicates with customers, management, peers, and team members on a timely basis regarding status of work, potential problems, customer / store management satisfaction, and to seek advice and assistance
- Has ongoing rapport with store managers and client executives and performs scheduled & unscheduled visits with customer management
- Performs retail store systems & product problem determination utilizing the maintenance package, diagnostics, reference documentation, service aids, system tools
- Uses established procedures and/or instructions for repetitive and/or routine work, works on tasks individually or as a part of a team and provides assistance to less experienced Service Technicians
- Operates territory efficiently and/or performs technical services in a complete, quality and timely manner to meet customer commitments and minimize disruptions to the customer's operation
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license
- Experience with computer hardware & retail printer repair
- Need to have strong interpersonal and customer service and communication skills
- Needs to be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Electricity & electronics knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to do off-shift install work as required by the customer
- Ability to properly use test equipment, basic hand tools, and electric meters
- Recognize and understand the functional and operational use of IT signal and power cables as well as low voltage wiring systems and to perform diagnosis and repair
- Written and spoken communication skills
- Articulate & demonstrate strategy to end-user customers
- Prior experience with POS hardware repair
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
City: Las Vegas
Location_formattedLocationLong: Las Vegas, Nevada US
Community / Marketing Title: Service Technician I
Requisition Number: SERVI01765
EEO Employer Verbiage: