CHEC Software Engineer II
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 23811
CHEC Software Engineer II
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineer II to play a key role in the evolution of the shopping experiences retailers offer and help shape the future of retail. We provide services to retail clients worldwide by developing and delivering an array of custom software solutions such as POS, self-checkout, and mobility solutions. We seek proactive and skilled resources to work in a dynamic, collaborative and ever-changing environment.
The position involves participation and contribution in all phases of self-checkout application software development, from design inception through coding, delivery, and support. The candidate will need to communicate at different technical levels, from the application architects to the end user.
- Work in a cross functional team
- Define self-checkout application requirements
- Analyze/provide schedule input
- Write functional and design specifications
- Develop application software in an agile framework
- Support software test efforts
- Participate in the support of the software once in production
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in Software development
- At least 3 years experience in Object-oriented programming (Java)
- User Interface technology
- Relational Database Experience (SQL)
- The candidate needs strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, team work and excellent communication skills.
- Retail domain knowledge
- At least 3 years experience in Object-oriented programming (C++)
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: CHEC Software Engineer II
Requisition Number: CHECS01783
EEO Employer Verbiage: