Senior Program Manager
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 23972
Senior Program Manager (DEV-072319-065b)
TGCS is seeking a Senior Program Manager to join our team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be leading a Program Management Team (PMT) responsible for managing all aspects of a Product or Product Line from inception to end-of-life.
The PMT is a team formed with representatives from functional areas including but not limited to: portfolio, finance, procurement, support, marketing, services, manufacturing and development.
You'll work with geographically dispersed teams focusing on different projects and coordinate their project activities, deliverables and schedules.
You'll also develop and nurture key relationships with product management, development management, customers and business partners.
You will need to have expertise in program management, knowledge about product capabilities, customer needs and business priorities to understand value to stakeholders for a variety of TGCS products and projects; and use this knowledge to set and drive cross functional team priorities.
This role is a great opportunity to make a difference in both new and existing TGCS programs and projects.
- Develop and maintain the master plan and schedule for multiple product releases. Drive the creation of the Integrated Project Plan (IPP). The IPP includes all key deliverables from all functional areas and establishes all key project checkpoints.
- Drive the PMT to meet IPP commitments. The Project Manager insures all team dependencies are satisfied on a timely basis.
- Facilitate PMT communications, activities, actions and record keeping. This includes defining PMT meeting cadence, agenda, insuring adequate representation from appropriate functional areas, documenting and tracking PMT decisions and actions.
- Call the PMT to arms when new events or challenges arise that necessitate PMT evaluation. The Program Manager is expected to lead the PMT to support delivering products on time, closing customer deals and resolving customer requests.
- Successfully manage and coordinate complex, multiphased programs by guiding cross-functional teams and business partners to define, scope, plan, and deliver high-quality software
- Act as the single point of contact for all program activities, schedule, and status
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to facilitate product releases and report project status to upper management and executives.
- Develop and nurture key relationships with product management, development management and business partners.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and accountability for departmental and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in a related software engineering / computer science field or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience delivering technology-related services or products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with team members dispersed across multiple countries and time zones
- Possess a level of comfort to work "in the weeds" with development teams, as well as at a portfolio level with high-level executives
- Excellent risk and change management skills
- Availability for domestic and international travel. Expectation is around 10% to 20% travel.
- Technical knowledge and experience in software development.
- Dynamic and effective virtual meeting facilitation skills through phone and internet
- Familiarity with different project management methodologies, tools, and defect tracking systems.
- Ability to bring different groups of people together to collaborate in a community setting
- Experience working in a cross-functional, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of retail systems management tools, products, and industry challenges.
- Payment industry knowledge a big plus.
- PMI or equivalent certification.
- People management experience a plus.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Program Manager
Requisition Number: TECHN01815
EEO Employer Verbiage: