Software Engineer IV - Senior Developer
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24359
Software Engineer IV - Senior Developer (SVCS-082019-006b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineer IV - Senior Developer to join our team in RTP, NC. The TGCS Professional Services Software Engineer designs, builds, and supports custom software solutions for some of the world's largest retailers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer with extensive leadership in complex software projects with a track record of delivery. The Development Lead will be responsible for leading a group of experienced programmers that will design and develop applications to support retail operations. The individual will support activities with customers, external and internal industry groups. The candidate needs strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, team work and excellent communication skills. The Development Lead will also need to communicate at different technical levels, from the application architects to the end user.
Our developers are involved in the entire project lifecycle. They interact directly with our retail customers to understand and document requirements, they collaborate with the implementation and test teams on design and development, and they oversee delivery and provide ongoing support for their work.
- Developing new custom functionality and assisting with defect support
- Authoring functional specifications and/or high-level designs
- Documenting solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams
- Working closely with the QA team to ensure a quality deliverable
- Creating product documentation for end-users
- Providing ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Providing technical guidance during requirements workshops with our customers
- Providing technical input to the leadership team in the writing of client contracts
- Contributing to our legacy of outstanding innovation through the invention/IP process
- Elevating technology and consistently applying best practices
- Mentoring junior development team members
- Client facing professionalism and skills
This role is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. Occasional travel to a customer site may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent experience
- Exceptional Written and Verbal Communication
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development
- 5+ years of experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design Patterns Based Implementation
- 5+ years of experience with Strong and Proven Technical Leadership Skills
- 5+ years of experience with C++, Java
- 3+ years of experience with Scripting Languages
- 3+ years of experience with Eclipse IDE or equivalent IDE
- 3+ years of experience developing for Linux and Windows
- A Master of Science degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with VersionOne, Agile software development process
- Experience with retail POS applications and devices
- Familiarity with retail concepts and/or applications
- 4690 Operating System knowledge
- An interest in direct communication with customers, including non-technical audiences
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer IV - Senior Developer
Requisition Number: SOFTW01899
EEO Employer Verbiage: