Software Engineer IV – Technical Expert
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio US
Job Number: 24506
Software Engineer IV - Technical Expert
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineer IV - Technical Expert to join our team in Cincinnati, OH. We are looking for a Senior Software Developer with extensive leadership in complex software projects and support. The individual will be responsible for engaging with a group of experienced technical professionals that will support retail operations embedded at the client's location. The individual will support activities with customers, external and internal industry groups. The candidate needs strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, teamwork and excellent communication skills. The Technical Expert will also need to communicate at different technical levels, from the application architects to the end user.
- Solve complex production business critical problems in a demanding Retail environment.
- Execute as an individual contributor and senior leader
- Write and present documentation
- Approximately <10% travel
- Able to work on a fast-paced support team
- Client facing professionalism and skills
- Bachelor's Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Lead in a Help Desk environment
- 5+ years of experience with strong and proven technical leadership skills
- 5+ years of experience in Software development
- 3+ years of experience with Scripting languages
- 3+ years of experience with Networking
- 3+ years of experience with Databases, Reporting and Analytics
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- 3+ years of experience developing for Linux and Windows
- Must have a deep Retail knowledge
- Experience supporting a production Cloud based solution
- 4690 Operating System knowledge
- Self Service/Self-Checkout
- Loss Prevention experience
- Scrum Master/Project Management
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email benefits@toshibagcs
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cincinnati, Ohio US
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer IV – Technical Expert
Requisition Number: SOFTW01952
EEO Employer Verbiage: