Service Technician I
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Job Number: 25050
Service Technician I - Washington, DC
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Service Technician I to join our team in Washington, DC. The Service Technician will be responsible for covering a 100-mile radius surrounding Washington, DC with the possibility of national coverage. The Service Technician is primarily responsible for performing a full workload of product services and repair on Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions and other retail products and systems, self-checkout systems, retail banking systems, total store services & associated printers. The Service Technician is accountable for customer satisfaction with the services provided, which include some or all of the following: whole product and/or component advance exchange or swap and on premise basic product & store equipment problem diagnosis, adjustment and/or repair.
- Operates in assigned territory and performs basic repairs and services on products, including problem determination utilizing well established, standard maintenance packages, diagnostics, reference documentation, system tools and service aids in identifying routine problems. Is also capable of performing a basic level of freelance diagnostics and repair but may require occasional assistance from more experienced Service Techs to carry out difficult product repair activities. Uses established procedures and/or instructions for repetitive and/or routine work, works on tasks individually or as a part of a team.
- May travel within assigned territory or nationally to customer locations to perform installations, relocation, discontinuance, product level engineering and configuration changes, upgrades and/or modifications to retail POS equipment.
- Effectively communicates with customers, management, peers, and team members on a timely basis regarding status of work, potential problems, customer/store management satisfaction, and to seek advice and assistance. Builds positive customer relationships with product end-user and customer project and/or store management. Operates responsibilities efficiently and/or performs technical services in a complete, quality and timely manner to meet customer commitments and minimize disruptions to the customer's operation.
- With assistance, plans, prioritizes and schedules work to meet or exceed customer satisfaction objectives. Arrange all travel plans in a timely cost-effective manner using company approved business tools and ability to respond to schedule changes with minimal notice. Flexibility to work varying shifts including overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Ensure installation activities are accurately documented in accordance with TGCS standards and practices using automated systems and/or established reports. This includes but is not limited to air travel, call, mileage, timecards, and expense reports.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel 100% of the time, domestic and/or air travel. May be assigned to a specific local territory, but air travel may be necessary for installations or other service delivery projects outside assigned geography
- Possesses basic knowledge of personal computer technology, flat panel TVs & monitors, cash registers / point-of-sale equipment, and associated retail devices to include scanners, handheld devices, kiosks, printers & other related and similar retail and SMB product technologies
- The position requires a mechanical aptitude with competency in electricity & electronics, and the ability to properly use test equipment, basic hand tools, electronic testing equipment and electric meters
- The individual must be able to recognize and understand the functional and operational use of IT signal and power cables as well as low voltage wiring systems and to perform diagnosis and repair thereof
- Experience with computer hardware & retail printer repair
- Need to have strong interpersonal and customer service and communication skills
- Needs to be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Electricity & electronics knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude, experience, or education
- Ability to do off-shift install work as required by the customer
- Ability to properly use test equipment, basic hand tools, and electric meters
- Recognize and understand the functional and operational use of IT signal and power cables as well as low voltage wiring systems and to perform diagnosis and repair
- Written and spoken communication skills
- Articulate & demonstrate strategy to end-user customers
- Ability to work varying shifts including overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Prior experience with POS hardware repair or ATM repair
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Service Technician I
Requisition Number: SERVI02105
EEO Employer Verbiage: